Monday, June 4, 2012

MeeMaw and Papa visit part 2 of 5


 Mother's day, Sunday May 13th, 2012, my parents were still in town, and we took the whole family to our church plant in Detroit. We showed them around our space and did a bible study. I was a little nervous how all this would play out, but it went really well and I think they even had fun.

  We had received a package the day before from Oma (Shea's mom) that was full of stuff for all the boys, including a couple clear boxes for capturing bugs.

 Since this is something Mo loved to do with Oma when he visited her, he knew immediately what those boxes were for and insisted we start hunting asap.

  My mom and I left all the boys at home to bug hunt in the backyard, and we went to JoAnn Fabrics for their Mother's day sale. It was the perfect way for us to celebrate mother's day, away from the men and doing really girly, crafty sort of things. We made a pit stop at Sally's beauty supply, and the Dollar tree. My mom and I bought a handful of trinkets, a nail file and new blue dye for my hair.



There was so much at JoAnn's that we wanted and I had a stack of coupons. Narrowing our purchases down to fit our cash budget took some time, and more effort than expected. We knew that dinner was drawing near and the men folk would be hungry soon, so planned our answer to the "what's for   dinner?" question. Texas Roadhouse.




 Our waiter told us that Mother's day was their busiest day of the year, and they were prepared. Outside while you wait was lots of seating, big barrels of peanuts, and even a play area for the kids with bubbles, hula hoops and games. It was very yummy, very busy, and very fun meal. A little bit of home, while a little bit of home was visiting. Just what I really wanted for Mother's day.

No comments: