Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blessed times three

Zephaniah discovered his hand recently. A few days ago, I heard him wake from sleep but he was not crying. I stood at the side of his crib and watched as he attempted to suckle his fist. This new activity kept him appeased but I knew it would be temporary since the fist is not a good source of milk. Hehe. Today, while I was holding him and we were engaged in a conversation of coos and awes, his fist past before his face. He stopped talking to me and followed this "new" object. I could not stop myself from giggling as his eyes crossed many times and his lips pursed, like Ben Stiller as "blue steel" from the movie "Zoolander." To say it was cute, is an understatement, it was awesomely cute. There is something so fun and rewarding to witness a baby discovering their world and every baby is unique in this adventure. As I write this, Zephaniah is asleep in his bouncer and he is sleep suckling the air. Yet another favorite thing babies do.

Life with kids is ever changing, and entertaining. This morning being no exception and slightly more than most mornings. Manoah spent the whole morning as a super hero with no name, seeking out villains using his cup as an evil-scope. Its like a telescope but it only sees evil. Patient pending. I'm just kidding.  Most of his super hero work consisted of standing in a corner or standing on the couch and staring in a really awkward manner, flinging his cape every now and again. He was a rather quiet hero, and his epic battles kept locked with in his mind. The only outward evidence of a win was when he would swoop across the room, cape flying heading to another area in need of rescue. Unfortunately to capture all the awesomeness on camera was near impossible and almost too hard to describe. This weak attempt will have to suffice as documentation of how delightful my first born's imagination is in my life.


 Tonight, after dinner, Jaelon did the dishes. I had left one side of the sink full of soapy water in preparation to clean dishes after nursing Zephaniah, only to find Jaelon had almost finished them all! At the ripe young age of 2, he had successfully washed the dishes from dinner along with all the dirty flatware and placed in the second basin to be rinsed. I have never taught him how to hand wash, and I think Shea played a game with him once while cleaning. I have filled the sink with soapy water and played sink or swim games. Mo likes to race "boats" (my measuring cups) in the water. I was so impressed that he did this with out anyone asking him to help and he was actually really good at washing things. I finished out the process, but it was so nice to have the kitchen clean in what felt like half the time. I can not help but think he notices daddy serving in the home and realizes that we all help to make the home work. I am blessed beyond words.

No comments: