Saturday, May 26, 2012

Oh Dear....I'm really bad at this blog thing

 It's been well over a year since my last post and plenty has happened to keep me much too busy for the internet. Maybe I should do a flash back series to log all the good, bad and awesome that has happened since I last logged on. On that note, lets start slow. Lets flash back to yesterday.
 
 Yesterday, May 25, 2012, I ventured out for the second time that week with a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 7 week old to the grocery store. It was a beautiful sunny day, with a little bit of wind, just enough to keep you comfortable in the sun. As we headed into the local grocer, Zephaniah in my ring sling, and the others holding hands with mine, a friendly golden haired lady smiled at my boys. She reminded me that children are a blessing. Amen! I exclaimed in my mind. We made our way around the store loading the cart with goodies and Jaelon sampling some produce prior to purchase. Manoah with enthusiastic curiosity asked every passer by their name. Poor baby just got blank stares. Up and down the isles, we marked items off our list, and Jaelon's leg room in the buggy shrunk.

 Since we have a planned budget for groceries and I only had a set amount of cash, I stopped to add up our current total to see if we could complete our list or if I had to veto some items. There was an item that I wanted to get for a dinner party we were attending the next day, but I did not have enough cash to purchase said item. Slightly frustrated, I stood there contemplating my next move. Then the golden hair lady came toward me, with her arm stretched out and said "here, Jesus wants to give you this, and I want you to know, Jesus loves you," and hands me cash. Praise the Lord! I replied. Next she said, "It's to help pay for your groceries and to get something you wouldn't of gotten."

!!!!

 Well here is where I became overwhelmed with Gods love. Tears welled up in my eyes. I thought about how silly it is to worry about money when God IS the supplier of all my needs. I thought about how seconds before she walked up, I was considering not buying something because of lack. I thought about how it seemed like God was saying, "I've got this item covered." Beauty. This woman's act of obedience blessed me more than she will ever know. She was so sweet and so nervous to talk to me about Jesus, afraid I might reject her, or call her names. She took a small risk to love on someone she felt needed to be reminded of God's love. Her effort will be greatly rewarded in Heaven. I pray a blessing of 100 fold return on what she gave me.

 As I'm thinking all these things, and having an inner monologue, I am crying in the middle of the isle. I am also waving my hands as if I am having a conversation, but my mouth isn't moving. Basically, I looked a little coo-coo in the cooking isle, but I did not really care. I was waist deep in admiration of God's faithfulness and perfect timing.

 Shortly after leaving the store, a young woman commented on one of my arm tattoos, and that lead to a brief conversation about Jesus. It was a very good day.

 Oh and I went to JoAnn Fabrics for their Memorial day weekend sale, coupons in hand, to get fabric to finish a project I have been sitting on for a couple months. Thanks to the sale pricing and my coupons, I walked out of there paying a third of the cost and getting double the amount. Win, win!

   

No comments: